A recent graduate of MSc Marketing Management from the University of Surrey, with a huge interest in analytics and research. My professional experience revolves around designing and developing web apps, conducting market research, devising marketing strategy, analysing data and co-founding a startup.
Dec 2018 - Current
Technical Consultant, Web & SEO
Cressive DX is a web agency focusing on technical SEO, web analytics and digital performance reporting. Specialising in global brands, with in-house developed tools; we track the internet and report clients' performances in international markets.
- Lead SEO for three global brands, managing digital brand presence in multiple markets.
- Lead for campaign analytics, ensuring UTMs are on point, Analytics setup is correct and no data leaks exist.
- Helped an international brand launch optimised websites in over 30 markets.
- Managing technical SEO implementations across clients' websites; including hreflang tags, sitemaps and technical optimisations
- Ensuring SEO optimised content and technical collaboration between client technical teams in different markets
- Handling global PPC for a large educational brand
- Delivering content and technical SEO training to marketing and technical teams
Mar 2018 - Nov 2018
Impact Manager / Research Assistant
University of Surrey, UK (part-time)
I worked with two research centres within the university, the ‘Centre for the Digital Economy’ (Surrey CoDE) and the ‘Veterinary Health Innovation Engine’ (vHive); primarily responsible for leading and growing their digital footprint along with other duties as a Research Assistant. My responsibilities and achievements include:
- Using data analytics to optimise the department websites, including search engine optimisation (SEO). vHive is ranked No. 1 for "Artificial Intelligence in Animal Health"
- Monitoring social media trends, platform analytics, making use of Google Analytics and Search Console
- Technical lead for ‘Gaggle Connect’ crowd-building platform of Surrey Business School
- Web development team member for the EU-funded One Health EJP
- Re-designed the user-interface (UI) for PathPal, a data collection tool for pathologists
Oct 2016 - Sep 2017
Co-Founder / Product Manager
Daakhla.pk is an educational aggregator that lists college and university study programs in Pakistan; aiming to allow students from all over the country to apply to multiple universities from a single platform. As co-founder, I naturally had to put on multiple hats.
- Pitched and raised $10,000 in seed funding
- Lead UI designer and front-end developer
- Developed a marketing communications plan that grew online traffic by over 400% and social media following by over 600%; within 6 months of launch. Included SEO, Social Media and PPC campaigns.
- Signed up five top universities as partners within three months of launch
- Devised business strategy, scaling the business to over 5,000 customers
Nov 2016 - Dec 2016
Assistant Manager, Corporate Affairs & Outreach
The Corporate Affairs, Alumni and Outreach department looks after all corporate communications, events, liaising with the alumni; ensuring all records are up to date and there are frequent corporate speakers invited to speak to students.
- Organised "Global Entrepreneurship Week 2016" with participation from over 1100 students from colleges and universities all over the city
- Hosted open days and orientations, and regularly represented university at educational fairs
- Managed alumni network and alumni records
Nov 2014 - Oct 2016
UI/UX Designer (Incl. Digital Marketing)
Iqra University is one of the leading business schools of Pakistan, with an in-house development team deploying cutting-edge technology. Iqra University is one of the few universities of the country with a Learning Management System deployed and consistently used by all faculties. I wore many hats in this role, including managing social media and digital marketing.
- Redesigned the university’s Learning Management System; involved HTML5, CSS3 and JS with jQuery
- Designed, developed and deployed a web-based Journal Management System (PHP + MySQL)
- Designed and coded mobile app layout (XML) for the LMS Android mobile app
- Served as acting project manager on the development of the LMS Mobile App for Android
- Designed and deployed three city-wide print and out-of-home advertising campaigns
- Managed social media marketing, primarily Facebook; growing online following by over 500%
- Offered technical support (phone and email) to internal clients (departments) and users
Jan 2013 - Oct 2014
Global Edition LLC, UAE (part-time, remote)
A software company based in Dubai, Global Edition specialised in commercial websites and entreprise solutions for the construction and education industries. The company is no longer active.
- Designed and deployed commercial websites and e-commerce stores for clients
- UI design coordinator for Terbia, a school management system
- Delivered hands-on training to a staff of 160 professionals and academics on proprietary software in Abu Dhabi, UAE
MSc Marketing Management
University of Surrey, UK - Distinction
Modules Included: Marketing Communications, Relationship Marketing, Digital Marketing & Social Media, Research Methods, Applied Marketing Research, Entrepreneurship & the Digital Economy, and E-Business.
Dissertation: “The role of online Consumer Engagement in building Emotional Brand Attachment and Brand Loyalty” (mediating role of Brand Trust – Structural Equation Modelling).
Awards: Surrey International Scholarship for Excellence (2017); 2nd Best Poster Presentation (2018).
Master of Business Administration
Iqra University, Pakistan - CGPA 3.6 (out of 4)
Modules Included: Strategic Marketing Management, E-Marketing, Advertising & Public Relations, Channels & Distribution Management, Management Science, Quantitative Analysis, and Strategic Management.
Dissertation: “Website Usability, Consumer Satisfaction and the Intention to Use a Website – The Moderating Effect of Perceived Risk” (Structural Equation Modelling).
Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons)
Iqra University, Pakistan - CGPA 3.83 (out of 4)
Modules Included: Marketing Management, Consumer Behavior, Organisational Behaviour, International Business, IT in Business, Managerial Economics, Managerial Accounting, Financial Management, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Human Resource Management, and Entrepreneurship.
Dissertation: “Impact of Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) on HR Professionals’ Performance” (Multiple Regression model). Presented at the South Asian International Conference (SAICON), 2015.
Awards: Scholarship for Academic Excellence, graduated among the top 10% of students.
Activities: Vice President, Social Media Society (2013 – 2015). Founding member and President, Business and Entrepreneurship Society (2012 – 2014).
Associate Member (ACIM)
Research & Data Analytics
SPSS, SmartPLS, SQL, and Python
Back-end Web Development
PHP, MySQL, Code Igniter and Laravel
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Web Design
Git, Asana, Slack, Agile Practices and Microsoft Office tools including Excel
Urdu / Hindi